Seyfarth Shaw’s The Blunt Truth (TBT) will address the legal and practical implications of cannabis laws across the U.S. and their impacts on the business community. Whether you are a C-suite executive, in-house counsel, HR executive or lending institution, TBT aims to be a go-to source for updates, reports and analysis on the changes in cannabis laws and regulations and how they impact your business.
Cannabis Law Practice
Even as a relatively new industry, the regulated cannabis industry is expected to reach $10 billion in sales by 2019. Twenty nine states plus the District of Columbia have legalized the medical and/or recreational use of cannabis, with a number of states poised to pass measures in 2018.
Businesses and investors operating in this highly regulated industry rely on Seyfarth’s Cannabis Law Practice to serve as strategic advisors, combining industry knowledge with their experience across corporate and finance, tax, real estate, environmental, intellectual property, employment, health care and litigation.
The legalization of cannabis has also intersected with mainstream businesses, industries and government entities, introducing new and complex considerations across a number of issues ranging from the employer/employee relationship and ADA compliance, to the use of space and cash flow. Seyfarth’s Cannabis Law team guide businesses through these new and evolving complexities.
Over the last several years, timely and insightful updates on this evolving area of law have become crucial both to our clients and to the broader business community. To that end, we created The Blunt Truth as a forum to address the legal and practical implications of cannabis laws across the U.S. Please click here to visit The Blunt Truth and subscribe.
- Corporate and other business entity operations, including structuring businesses, entity formation, investor and shareholder agreements, limited liability company operating agreements, commercial contracts, operational plans, investor relations, and the acquisition/disposition of businesses
- Finance, including raising capital, commercial loans, banking and U.S. Department of Treasury and other Federal regulations
- Tax, including federal and state tax planning and advice, IRS filings and audits
- Real Estate, including development, acquisition/disposition/financing of property, and leasing
- Employment, including compliance counseling, preparing handbooks and policies, benefits and compensation, and litigation when necessary
- Protecting intellectual property, including patent registration and prosecution, trademarks, trade secrets, licensing and non-competes
- Product labeling and environmental issues
- Distressed situations, including debtor/creditor rights, workouts and bankruptcy
- State licenses for cultivation and dispensaries
- 3/20/2019 Seyfarth to Sponsor and Laura Maechtlen and Jinouth Vasquez Santos to Present on Emerging Compliance and Risk Issues at the HNBA’s 10th Annual Corporate Counsel Conference
- 2/27/2019 Stanley Jutkowitz to Speak on Banking Marijuana Related Business at the Northern Indiana Chapter of the Risk Management Association