What every employer needs to know about the laws, regulations and court decisions over the past year which have impacted the employer-employee relationship. Our breakfast briefing will cover:
- Social Security and DHS mismatch letters from the Social Security Administration: What new obligations do they create for employers and what is the status of the injunction proceedings to block enforcement?
- Recent Massachusetts appellate court decisions on the wage/hour laws: How do these decisions interpret the tip statutes, the weekly payment of wages act, and the treble damages and attorneys’ fees provisions of the wage act?
- The Massachusetts Health Care Reform Act: What new recordkeeping and reporting obligations does it create for employers?
- The EEOC’s Guidance on Caregiver Discrimination: What does it mean for employers
- The Supreme Court has redefined retaliation claims under Title VII: What
effect will this decision have on the way you defend retaliation claims?
- The Supreme Court has limited untimely pay claims: How does this change affect class actions?
- Recent NLRB decisions significantly affecting union organizing initiatives and particularly their use of card check and neutrality agreements.
- What potential employment law changes are on the horizon for you in 2008?