Melissa Vandewater, a partner in Seyfarth’s Real Estate department, is serving as a panelist for "Leases, Part II: Business Issues - Which is a Better Deal?" at the CREW Chicago Lunch & Learn in Chicago, IL on April, 24, 2019.
The questions that will be explored are:
- Which is better: a modified gross vs.net lease?
- Who wants a right of first refusal vs who wants a right of first offer?
- What are operating expense exclusions and why would you want caps?
- What do you consider “profit” in assignment and sublet?
- Why should the Landlord get a say in approval for assignment and sublet?