This program covers the challenges real estate developers and construction employers face as they seek to ensure that their workers and those of their vendors are fully authorized for employment under state and Federal rules.
The briefing will cover:
- The basics of I-9 compliance, such as procedures during the interview, offer, and initial employment process, as well as document retention best practices;
- Common I-9 errors and what you can do to prevent them;
- Proposed changes in Federal law and recent changes in Georgia law affecting workforce authorization verification compliance;
- Increasingly aggressive workplace enforcement trends and practices by government agencies;
- Steps you can take to position your construction or development business if any of your vendors are employing an unauthorized workforce;
- What to do if you receive a Social Security mismatch letter; and
- What to do if Federal agents conduct an on-site investigation.
Continental Breakfast: 8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
Program: 8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.