While, following the federal government shutdown, E-Verify has returned to a modicum of normality, increasing audits and other government oversight activities mean that employers need to pay careful attention to compliance issues in their use of E-Verify. Up until recently there has been little or no oversight of the FAR E-Verify rule; that is expected to change in the coming year. And, growing calls on Capitol Hill for mandatory E-Verify for all employers mean that these issues may affect all employers before long.
Employers need to stay ahead.
In this webinar offered by the Seyfarth Shaw Immigration Compliance and Enforcement Team, we will explore the following topics:
- The role of the US Citizenship and Immigration Service’s (USCIS) E-Verify Monitoring and Compliance program
- What USCIS is looking for when they conduct reviews and what you should be looking for before you are reviewed
- Next steps and timing for mandatory E-Verify web services updates, and the impact on companies using electronic Form I-9 vendors
- Expected E-Verify legislative changes
- Dealing with state and local E-Verify regulations and STEM related mandates
- E-Verify-related considerations when deciding on Electronic I-9 System
If you have any questions, please contact Cassie Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference this event.
*CLE Credit for this webinar has been awarded in the following states: CA, IL, NJ and NY. CLE Credit is pending for GA, TX and VA. Please note that in order to receive full credit for attending this webinar, the registrant must be present for the entire session.