Opportunity Zone Funds Team
Seyfarth has assembled a multidisciplinary team of leading real estate, tax, securities, fund formation, and tax-exempt attorneys to help investors, developers, fund managers and corporations navigate Opportunity Zone (OZ) fund legislation.
We have been closely monitoring the legislation since December 2017, while working with clients to navigate the complicated details of structuring an OZ fund and its investments amid remaining uncertainties. At the forefront of current developments, members of our OZ team are speaking at industry conferences, including ADISA, the Institute for Portfolio Alternatives, and Commercial Observer, authoring articles to help our clients, and regularly quoted in the media.
Our OZ team is currently working with clients to:
- meet eligibility requirements for qualified OZ properties;
- create fund products;
- ensure securities law compliance, including registering fund sponsors as investment advisers;
- evaluate potential opportunities for investments; and
- comply with tax obligations for investment in OZ funds.
- 11/13/2018 Seyfarth to Sponsor and Steven Meier and John Napoli to Present on Opportunity Zones at the Commercial Observer Fall Financing Commercial Real Estate Forum’s Roundtable Luncheon
- 10/25/2018 Steven Meier to Present IPA Webinar "Opportunity Zone Guidance - Interpreting the New Treasury Department Regulations"