With so many new laws and regulations going into effect in New York in 2008 and 2009, and the shifting positions taken by the NY Department of Labor, many employers are struggling to stay on top of new requirements. Please join us on Wednesday, January 20th for an update on recent changes, as we review what actions you may need to take to ensure your company is in compliance.
- The State Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act
- Labor Law 195 - Notice & Acknowledgment
- Criminal Background Notice
- The New York Social Security Number Protection Law
- The Employee Misclassification Prevention Act
We'll also touch on pending legislation that's likely to have an impact in 2010, including federal laws such as GINA (Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act).