Please join Seyfarth Shaw’s Boston team as we welcome the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination’s (MCAD) newly appointed Chairwoman, Sunila Thomas-George, for an informative look at the agency’s initiatives and a discussion about hot topics in employment discrimination law. Appointed by Governor Charlie Baker on September 12, 2017, Chairwoman Thomas-George has spent nearly 20 years at the Commission and is the first Asian-American Chair in the history of the MCAD. We are honored to welcome her and hear her perspectives regarding the Commission and the complex world of anti-discrimination law in the Bay State.
The panel, comprised of Chairwoman Thomas-George, in-house employment counsel, Jennifer Brady and Seyfarth attorneys Anthony Califano and Alison Silveira, will discuss the following topics:
- The MCAD’s initiatives and Chairwoman Thomas-George’s vision for the agency
- The much anticipated Massachusetts Pregnant Workers Fairness Act
- Accommodation of employee medical marijuana use after the Supreme Judicial Court’s decision in Barbuto v. Advantage Sales & Marketing
- Transgender and gender identity discrimination claims in Massachusetts
- Best practices regarding the MCAD for HR professionals and in-house attorneys
Sunila Thomas-George, Chairwoman, Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination
Jennifer Brady, Vice President, Senior Labor and Employment Counsel, TJX Companies, Inc.
Paul Dubois, Director and Senior Corporate Counsel, Vertex Pharmaceuticals
Anthony Califano, Partner, Seyfarth Shaw LLP
Alison Silveira, Counsel, Seyfarth Shaw LLP
If you have any questions, please contact Jahna Barbar at email@example.com and reference this event.