Sponsored by Seyfarth Shaw, The Council of Healthcare HR Executives is a new professional organization comprised of human resource executives (Directors of HR and above and their respective in-house counsel). It is dedicated to increasing professionalism in the administration of human resources in healthcare related institutions. Its mission is to:
- Share information about the latest legal and professional developments in HR administration and employee and labor relations.
- Promote the best HR practices though research and advocacy.
- Demonstrate the strategic value of the HR function to the successful operation of healthcare employers.
- Offer targeted continuing education (legal and non-legal) including presentations by Council members and outside speakers.
- Provide a forum in which to share and discuss HR policies and practices in healthcare.
- Provide an opportunity to network with peers.
This first meeting of the organization will include welcoming remarks by Richard M. Reice, Partner, Seyfarth Shaw and Christopher Berner, Associate General Counsel, Montefiore Medical Center. There will be a discussion of the Mission of the Council, a presentation of the recently filed Sherman Act Antitrust class action cases, and a facilitated discussion on RN employment and management issues, led by Diane Clark, Senior Lecturer, Nursing and Paul F. Clark, Professor of Health, Labor Studies and Industrial Relations, Penn State University. We hope you will join us!
Cocktail reception - 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Meeting - 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.