We invite you to join our Seyfarth Shaw Washington, D.C. Labor and Employment team for an informative discussion on complying with and limiting abuse under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). A common source of headaches for HR professionals and in-house legal advisors is dealing with FMLA and/or ADA-covered absences and requests for accommodations. The FMLA and ADA provide a number of protections for employees which often make employers feel as if they have no recourse. This is particularly frustrating when an employer believes that employees are abusing the system.
This client briefing will provide ideas and tips for limiting employee abuse, while complying with the FMLA and ADA. Covered topics will include:
- Overview of employer obligations under the FMLA and ADA
- Provisions to include in policies
- Guidelines for obtaining medical documentation
- Ideas for handling intermittent and reduced schedule leave
- Tips for the ADA interactive process and providing reasonable accommodations
Click here to register.
If you have any questions, please contact Sean Frebes at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference this event.