Michael D. Rechtin Jr., partner of Seyfarth's Real Estate deparment and chair of the firm's Data Center Services group, is moderating "How to Mitigate Third-Party Risk in the Data Center Supply Chain" at CAPRE’s Seventh Annual Greater Chicago & Midwest Data Center Summit on March 22.
The presentation will cover:
- Cybersecurity threats as infrastructure becomes more vulnerable
- Risk with power plant hacking; what it means for power generation
- How are you vendors protecting their infrastructure?
- How do you validate the equipment you get from other vendors?
- Critical infrastructure being vulnerable
- Different industrial systems that have happened; additional attacks
- What was theorized has become reality: Your business is vulnerable and something can happen.
- Should data center providers be regulated by State and Federal agencies as critical infrastructure providers, similar to regulation of power companies?
- How are different data center providers dealing with the fact that they are critical to their customers, much like a power plant?