California continues to be “ground zero” for new employment laws and new theories of employer liability that radiate out to other states, and, under the all-Democratic government in Washington, D.C., that may very well find their way into new federal laws and regulations. As a result, it is imperative that employers who have or who plan to have employees in California understand and comply with their peculiar legal obligations. And it is helpful for other employers to know what the future is likely to bring to the jurisdictions in which they operate. This program will talk about the most vexing aspects of California employment law, including the following:
- California Labor Code Penalties and California Private Attorneys General Act;
- Class Action Developments;
- Disability Discrimination and the Interactive Process;
- Wage-Hour Administration and Meal & Rest Breaks;
- The CA Family Rights Act and Other State Leave Laws;
- “Kin Care”;
If you have any questions, please contact, Sarah Guigliano email@example.com.