With the continuing deployment of military reservists overseas, many of whom left their employment for military service, an increasing number of employers are facing the question, "What are my obligations with respect to returning service men and women?"
The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) provides some of the answers, but can be confusing to interpret.
Please join Seyfarth Shaw for a discussion of employers' obligations under USERRA and its regulations, including:
- What types of military service are covered by USERRA
- Employees' notice obligations and reinstatement rights
- Compensation, seniority and benefits protections: understanding the "escalator principle"
- USERRA's special accommodation requirements for returning veterans
- State law and family military leave considerations
Best practices & effective policies
For questions, please contact Jamie Millward at firstname.lastname@example.org.