New Jersey—for a geographically small East Coast state, in the past year and a half New Jersey has shown a strong commitment to staying at the cutting edge of legal protections for employees. This drive has resulted in various new and revised legal requirements aimed at "eradicating the cancer of discrimination,” addressing concerns regarding harassment following the #MeToo movement, driving the Garden State towards a $15 minimum wage, and expanding statewide paid leave requirements.
Our presenters will cover:
- Overview of the minimum wage increase, the impact on large and small employers, carve-outs, tip credits, and other developments
- New Jersey’s response and proposed legislation to address workplace harassment in light of the #MeToo movement and beyond
- Creation of a statewide Paid Sick Leave Act and its impact on New Jersey employers as well as multi-state employers
- Expansion of New Jersey’s paid family leave law and eligibility for temporary disability benefits set to go into effect in 2019 and 2020
- Recent rulings from the New Jersey Supreme Court and Federal Courts providing guidance on employer arbitration programs and procedures
If you have any questions, please contact Cassie Peterson at email@example.com and reference this event.
*CLE Credit for this webinar has been awarded in the following states: CA, IL, NJ and NY. CLE Credit is pending for GA, TX and VA. Please note that in order to receive full credit for attending this webinar, the registrant must be present for the entire session