Join Seyfarth’s Immigration Compliance and Enforcement Team as they address critical challenges in dealing with contingent workforce issues and the always inevitable question of joint employer liability. Our panelists will offer practical solutions for dealing with pitfalls in this new era of ramped-up immigration enforcement and share best practices from petitioning to job placement and the knotty issues that can follow.
In this session, we work with Peter, the President of 3rd Party Staffing, as he places workers at different end-client organizations. Peter and his end-clients, Britt Boudicca, majority owner of Boudicca Brands Inc. (an online retailer that warehouses and sells virtually everything) and Frank Froogle, managing member of Froogality LLC (a low-cost, blockchain-supported search engine that allows users sole possession of their digital searches), must navigate and handle contingent workforce issues within his own company and at the end-client sites, all while dealing with the ever-present worry of joint employer liability. Through real-world scenarios, audience members will learn practical tips and best practices to ensure immigration compliance in the hiring and placement of a diverse workforce throughout geographically dispersed end-client organizations.
Our session concentrates on common and not-so-common contingent workforce and placement challenges:
- What are the new rules of the road for third -party placement of employees on work visas?
- How does the government interpret the employer/employee relationship?
- Who is liable in the event of any issues—the staffing agency, end client, or, in this new world of enforcement, both of them?
- What exactly can be requested of the end client, and what must the end client provide?
- Watching your words—what can (or should) be included in a Master Services Agreement and in work orders?
- What should the end client do if federal immigration officers show up at the end-client’s worksite?
CLE Credit for this webinar has been awarded in the following states: CA, IL, NJ and NY. CLE Credit is pending for GA, TX and VA. Please note that in order to receive full credit for attending this webinar, the registrant must be present for the entire session.
If you have any questions, please contact Cassie Peterson at email@example.com and reference this event.