The results of the 2018 Legislative Session are in, now that Governor Jerry Brown has finished approving and vetoing bills by his September 30 final bill signing deadline as Governor. Quite a few significant new employment laws will take effect January 1, 2019, posing new interpretation and compliance challenges for employers. Join members of our California Labor & Employment Legislative and Workplace Solutions Groups on October 10 for a discussion of how these new laws will affect employers doing business in California, and practical suggestions for ensuring your business is prepared for 2019.
Topics will include:
- Many new sexual harassment-related laws (not unexpected in this #metoo year)
- Revised lactation location requirements
- A few changes to wage/hour and criminal history laws
- New mediation confidentiality and class action settlement requirements
- Some key vetoes, including the ominous AB 3080, which would have prohibited employment arbitration agreements
- And much much more…
If you have any questions, please contact Cassandra Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference this event.
*CLE Credit for this webinar has been awarded in the following states: CA, IL, NJ and NY. CLE Credit is pending for GA, TX and VA. Please note that in order to receive full credit for attending this webinar, the registrant must be present for the entire session.