Join us as Seyfarth Shaw’s California L&E Legislative Team Leader Kristina
Launey discusses essential new legislation in effect January 2013, that will
affect how employers do business in California, including:
- protections for religious dress and grooming practices and breastfeeding under FEHA;
- restrictions on the use of social media passwords;
- new requirements for employee inspection of personnel records;
- human trafficking posting requirements;
- defining injury for purposes of a violation of itemized wage statement requirements;
- imposing additional wage statement and wage theft notice requirements on temporary services employers;
- reorganization of the Department of Fair Employment and Housing; and
- much-needed reform to the workers’ compensation system and disability access lawsuits.
In addition, Dana Howells and Chelsea Spuck will review the recently-released amended FEHA pregnancy and disability regulations, including new definitions, examples and guidance on what they mean for employers.
*CLE: Seyfarth has applied for CLE credit in IL, NY, and CA. If you would like us to pursue CLE credit in any additional states, please contact email@example.com. Please note that in order to receive full credit for attending this webinar, the registrant must be present for the entire session