This program will provide Boards, C-Suites and General Counsels with best practice strategies for avoiding unauthorized breaches of electronic data; managing them if they occur; and addressing personal liability risks for Boards and executives. The Distinguished Speakers are experienced cyber security experts from Seyfarth Shaw, KPMG, law enforcement, and current directors.
Best Practices for Avoiding and Managing Threats
Cybersecurity experts and industry professionals will share their views on these questions:
- What are your top lessons learned from investigating cyber breach incidents?
- What are the most important considerations when developing an overall incident response plan?
Potential Liability Risk for the Board
Securities litigators will emphasize the importance of having a clear plan and robust escalation processes to respond quickly and effectively when an incident occurs. Critical issues to be discussed include:
- Fiduciary duties and director liability
- Cyber risk landscape and regulatory environment
- Role of information governance in minimizing damages from cyberattacks
- Cyber risk assessment and implementation of defensive technology
- Insurance coverage and other risk mitigation strategies
Two hours of New York CLE credits are approved.