May 28, 2020
Webinar Recording: 2020 Cal-Peculiarities: How California Employment Law is Different
Sign Up for our COVID-19 Mailing List.
Visit our Beyond COVID-19 Resource Center.
We are pleased to announce the release of Cal-Peculiarities: How California Employment Law is Different, the 2020 edition. In this Webinar, Seyfarth attorney presenters will discuss the latest legal developments of interest to executives, managers, general counsel, and human resources professionals with employees in California:
- New! Overview of COVID-19 provisions in the state of California
- New! Expansion of ABC test for independent contracting
- New! Ban on no-rehire provisions in settlement agreements
- New! Ban on mandatory arbitration agreements
- New! Expanded lactation accommodation: impacts on return to work
- New! Expansion of FPL
- New! Ban on hairstyle discrimination (the CROWN Act)
- New! Organ donation leave entitlement
- New! Minimum wages and salary thresholds for exempt status
- New! Sexual harassment training requirements
- New! Extension of filing deadlines for discrimination suits
- “Regular rate” issues for meal premium pay and sick pay
- “Unlimited vacation” plans under new scrutiny
- Emerging issue in the life of COVID-19
Chantelle Egan, Partner, Seyfarth Shaw LLP
Coby Turner, Partner, Seyfarth Shaw LLP
Ann Marie Zaletel, Partner, Seyfarth Shaw LLP
This recording is eligible for CLE credit in CA, IL, NY, and NJ. Credit is pending in TX. All other jurisdictions will be applied for as requested, but please note that not all states allow for distance learning so some states will be ineligible. To request CLE credit, fill out this form and return it to CLE@seyfarth.com. If you have questions about jurisdictions, please email CLE@seyfarth.com. CLE credit for this recording expires on 6/04/2021.